Meet Brooke, a nurse, and Dave, a police sergeant. They have been working 24/7 on the frontlines and volunteering whenever they can during the COVID-19 crisis in Yonkers, New York. As a result of the pandemic, their wedding, which was scheduled for March 20 was canceled three times in a week. They lost their deposits and their honeymoon. As a backup, they arranged a courthouse wedding, but the courthouses were shut down. They had a family friend agree to officiate a Zoom wedding as their third attempt, but since it wasn’t safe for their parents to attend the ceremony, they ended up canceling their wedding. Good Morning America provided the ultimate surprise when they exchanged their vows live in front of millions. And to really put the icing on the cake for this deserving couple, the Tourism Authority of Thailand and Mandarin Oriental Bangkok will host their dream honeymoon.
This free trip is just a small gesture compared to the great sacrifices that this couple has made and continues to make every day in Yonkers, New York during this crisis. Here are some details of what their Honeymoon Package to Thailand entails:
- Round trip airfare for two from New York to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport.
- Transportation to and from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport and the Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok in one of Mandarin Oriental’s BMW 7 Series chauffeur-driven cars.
- Six (6) nights accommodation in a newly-renovated Authors Suite at the Five-Star Mandarin Oriental Bangkok. Located in the River Wing, all suites feature floor-to-ceiling windows and a balcony overlooking the river – perfect for watching river life. Each suite has a spacious sitting room, a bedroom that features a dressing and seating area, and a large Italian marble bathroom and walk-in closet.
- Two (2) 90-minute Oriental Massage treatments at The Oriental Spa, the only Forbes Five-Star Spa in Thailand
- Three (3) fully hosted dining experiences in the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok’s 11 outstanding restaurants and bars.
- Full daily breakfast served riverside at The Verandah Restaurant or in the comfort of the couple’s suite. They will also have an eight-course tasting menu dinner at Le Normandie, one of the most renowned French fine dining establishments in Thailand. They will also order a la carte from Lord Jim’s extensive dinner menu.
- Meeting Chef Pom of Terrace Rim Naam as they cross the river on one of Mandarin Oriental Bangkok’s teak river boats to arrive at her restaurant. Once she has learnt about their flavor and spice preferences, she will craft a unique Thai sharing menu that they will remember for a lifetime.
Thailand is an amazing destination for honeymooning couples or those that are just looking for a romantic getaway to reconnect. Some activities include spa treatments, visiting breathtaking vistas, and walking along secluded beaches.
We can’t wait for Brooke and Dave to join us for the trip of a lifetime in Amazing Thailand! We would like to thank the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok and Good Morning America for partnering with us to give back to the selfless heroes through this amazing honeymoon package!
Here’s a glimpse at the romantic getaways that await you in Thailand:
If you’re planning to travel to Thailand, stay up to date on travel questions here.