Have you ever dreamed of visiting Thailand? Or have you backpacked around Southeast Asia and wondered what it would be like to do a return trip of the more luxurious variety? Join us at the New York Times Travel Show and other local events near you! You might make your dreams come true by winning hotel stays and flights in Thailand!
Mai Samui is just one of three amazing locations you’ll be able to relax to the max on this trip!
Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has partnered with THAI Airways and luxury hotels in three unique destinations of Thailand (Bangkok, Chiang Rai, and Samui) to create a fabulous tropical vacation for lucky entrants attending the New York Times Travel Show, among other events around the country! To enter, travel enthusiasts can visit the TAT booth at any of the listed locations and register to participate in the contest.
Our Contest Partners and Why We Love Them
Contest winners of the Grand Prize will not only jet-set around the Land of Smiles in style, but will also be treated to 9 luxurious nights relaxing in the full elegance of our Thailand-based hotel partners. Check out some of our highlights from each and check out their websites below!
3 nights in an Extra Radiance room at LiT Bangkok Hotel & Residence. Located on the main drag of Sukhumvit Road, guests at LiT Bangkok enjoy a swanky stay in the midst of the most fabulous nightlife in Southeast Asia. Spend your days in the high-end retail haven of Siam neighborhood and enjoy partying the night away at the best clubs and rooftop bars in the city. One block from the BTS Skytrain, the MBK Mall, and the famous Jim Thompson House, LiT Bangkok is perfectly located to explore the city.
After the neon lights of Bangkok come 3 nights in the tranquil northern city of Chiang Rai. Guests will stay at The Riverie by Katathani, a sophisticated hotel on the banks of the aquamarine-colored Kok River. Your Deluxe Garden Room awaits you after a day of exploring the lush waterfalls and exquisite local temples of this mountainous jungle region.
Finally, the trip ends in a tropical paradise at the chic Mai Samui Beach Resort & Spa. From Surat Thani contest winners ride the ferry to Thailand’s famous island Koh Samui. On beautiful Laem Yai Beach, this hotel features modern, smart design and a private white sand beachfront. A Deluxe Room for two here is one of the most relaxing ways to enjoy the island.
Comfort flights by THAI Airways
THAI Airways offers economy class air tickets for two, starting from Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok to Chiang Rai International Airport, Chiang Rai International Airport to Surat Thani International Airport and Surat Thani International Airport to Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok, so our entrants can look forward to a comfortable trip while in Thailand. Featuring comfy top of the line aircraft, and delicious Thai cuisine, it’s almost as much fun in the air over Thailand as it is anywhere else.
Domestic flights by THAI airways ensure that your travel around the country is just as accommodating as your luxury hotel stays. For your chance to win, be sure and attend the New York Times Travel Show 2019 or other events in your area!
New York Times Travel Show
Held for three days from January 25 – 27, 2019 at the Jacob K. Javits Center, the New York City show is one that you don’t want to miss. With over 560 exhibitors and 8,000 travel professionals in attendance, this is your chance to see cultural presentations from around the world and network with travelers like yourself. Everything from cruises to family travel for over 170 destinations will be on display. This show is truly a travel expert’s dream.
For the first time at Liberty University during February 13-14, 2019, students and faculty will not only learn about the new shades of Thailand but also a chance to win once-in-a-lifetime journey in Amazing Thailand during the Global Focus Week at LU.
Held in April 2019, the annual Songkran Uptown celebration lets Minneapolis residents enjoy a free block party celebrating Thai New Year with street food, traditional dance, musical performances, contests, and family-friendly activities. Look for the TAT booth to enter the contest!
New Yorkers that miss out on the January show have another chance in April 2019 at the Thai Carnival at Columbia University in NYC. Put on by the Thai Student Club, the annual festival features games, prizes, and the chance to taste authentic Thai cuisine.
Held April 25, 2019, students and neighbors of the University of Massachusetts Amherst will have a chance to sample Thai cuisine and enter to win the Amazing Thailand Vacation Grand Prize at the Taste of Thailand event at UMass
On August 25, 2019, at the 6th Annual Knox Asian Festival, contestants can sign up for the contest at the TAT booth. The festival will also feature authentic food vendors from various Asian countries, traditional performance art, entertainment, and education booths, as well as a seminar on culturally relevant business tips for professionals working in the Asian market.
Additional Contest Details:
The validity of the hotel vouchers: October 1, 2019 till September 30, 2020.
- Blackout Dates:
- Lit Bangkok Hotel& Residence : December 22, 2019 – January 3, 2020
- The Riverie by Katathani : December 25, 2019 – February 20, 2020
- Mai Samui Beach Resort & Spa: February 1 – 29, 2020 and April 1 – 30, 2020
The validity of the Thai Airways domestic ticket vouchers: October 1, 2019 till September 30, 2020. However, all domestic tickets must be issued by December 31, 2019
- This giveaway is only open to legal residents of United States of America who are 18 years of age and older as of the date of entry.
- One winner will be randomly selected on or by September 30, 2019, from all eligible entries received. The prizewinner will be notified by email within 7 days of the drawing with details on how to claim their prize. To claim a prize, prizewinner must sign and return a winner’s affidavit within 5 days of notification. If prizewinner does not comply, the prize package will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- TAT NY’s decision is final. We reserve the right to change any terms & conditions without prior notice.
- The winner must contact the hotels and airline directly to make room reservations within the dates of validity. TAT will not be responsible for making reservations.
- Winner will be responsible for all airline transportation, local transportation, and incidentals.
- All taxes on prizes (if applicable) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes are not transferable/assignable.
- No cash alternative to the prize is offered and no substitutions are allowed, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor
For more details on the Amazing Thailand Giveaway, visit the NY Times Travel website and register your attendance today.